Links for Christian Healthcare Professionals
Veterinarians - Links
|God's name in His capacity as Healer is Yahweh-Rapha: "The LORD that healeth" Ex 15.26|
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits...
In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death.
* * *
A man with leprosy came and knelt before Jesus...
Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus. 2 Tim 4.20
* * *
Concerning this thing [an unnamed physical disability] I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
|Other verses about healing and medical workers
To one there is given through the Spirit ...gifts of healing by that one Spirit 1 Cor 12.8a-9b
|Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people? Jer 8.22|
|Luke the beloved physician and Demas greet you. Col 4.14|
|Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness
to the soul and health to the bones. Prov
A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones. Prov 17.22
Is anyone among you sick???
|Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 1.2|
|Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thes 5.23|
He was wounded for our transgressions.
And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying...
|1. We believe God is the Creator and Sustainer of life, and
thus, Sovereign over all.
2. We believe Scripture is the written Word of God, the only rule of faith and life, including the practice of medicine.
3. We believe that each human being is a creature, a living being, made in the image of God. We are, therefore, to demonstrate concern for the life and welfare of all mankind.
4. We believe that in Adam's fall, all his ordinary posterity received in themselves the penalty of death, and all the misery and sickness of this life.
5. We believe Christ's redemption of His own is complete; yet misery, sickness, and death will persist until the final release of creation from its bondage.
6. We believe that God has given primary responsibility for health to the individual; that in marriage, the body of one spouse belongs to the other; and that the head of the household is responsible for those under his or her care.
7. We believe that the Church, in its role as teacher and guardian of God's people, must instruct, counsel and exhort to such behavior as is conducive to better health, and must, after their due confession, pray for and anoint those who are sick.
8. We believe that the State has a limited role, though legitimate interest, in health, and to that end God has sanctioned the imposition of restrictive measures.
9. We believe that God has called us to serve Him in the mitigation of the effects of sin on health, relieving misery, curing sickness and delaying death, as His agents of secondary cause.
10. We believe that our advice is our principal service to our patients as they seek to be stewards of their bodies, though God has also given various skills and medications to be used wisely for this purpose.
11. We believe that our lives should be examples of holiness and purity, as befitting our calling, and that all we do and say be for God's glory and the advancement of His kingdom.
The biggest disease today
is not leprosy or tuberculosis,
Medicine -- the only profession
that labors incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence.
Wherever the art of medicine
You can only cure retail,
but you can prevent wholesale.
To be a nurse is to walk with
To soothe the sorrow of human
To lovingly do the kindly
A tender hand on a fevered
To teach the soul through
its body's woe,
Oh gentle nurse with heart
|Hospital Christian Fellowship -- An evangelical, international and interdenominational organization among those involved in the care of the sick.||Christians in Healthcare -- A ministry to help Christian healthcare workers be more effective in their witness at work. It encourages fellowship meetings in hospitals in which all Christians can take part.|
Fellowship A ministry to help nurses & students
bring the good news of Jesus Christ to the nursing profession.
Nurses Christian Fellowship, Australia A ministry to help nurses and students bring the good news of Jesus Christ to the nursing profession in Australia.
|Nurses4Him A website for Christian nurses to come and encourage one another in the work of Jesus Christ as it relates to the nursing profession. Related BLOGsite Includes: blobcasts for listening, reading and responding to spiritual bits and reflections for nurses.|
|Global Serve -- a faith-based organization seeking committed Christians to serve in health ministries globally.||UK Christian Nurses and
Midwives organization -- CNM exists to provide a witness to Jesus Christ within the Nursing and Midwifery professions.
By Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean
of the School of Medicine, Tufts University
I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
|Christians in Healthcare - Christians in Healthcare was established in 1987 to help all Christians working in healthcare, regardless of their profession or status, to be more effective in their day- to-day witness at work. It seeks to encourage the setting up of fellowship meetings in hospitals in which all Christians can take part.||Christian Medical Fellowship - CMF was founded in 1949 and has over 4,500 British
doctor members in all branches of medicine, and over 1,000 student members.
CMF is linked with around 60 similar inter-denominational bodies worldwide through the International Christian Medical and Dental Association (ICMDA).
|International Christian Medical
and Dental Association - ICMDA began
in 1963 as the International Congress of Christian Physicians. Today it unites nearly 50 national movements reaching
out to Christian doctors, dentists and medical and dental students around the world.
Regular conferences at regional and international level are held in selected locations, to enrich and encourage the national bodies and to stimulate the formation of new organizations.
|Christian Medical & Dental Associations (USA) - Founded in 1931, CMDA provides programs and services to "change hearts in healthcare" with a current membership of more than 15,600. CMDA promotes positions and addresses policies on healthcare issues; conducts overseas medical evangelism projects; coordinates a network of Christian doctors for fellowship and professional growth; sponsors student ministries in medical and dental schools; distributes educational and inspirational resources; hosts marriage and family conferences; provides Third World missionary doctors with continuing education resources; and conducts academic exchange programs overseas.|
Christian Medical and Dental Society of Canada and Evangelical Medical Aid Society - Christian-based organizations dedicated to serving the needs of medical or dental students and practitioners by:
|Christian Medical and Dental Fellowship of Australia - CMDFA is an inter-denominational fellowship of Christian doctors, dentists and medical and dental students. Its members are committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, whom they seek to serve as they practice medicine and dentistry. Members seek to integrate their faith and professional practice, patterning their lives on that of Jesus, whose care for people combined words and deeds.|
|Global Serve -- a faith-based organization seeking committed Christians to serve in health ministries globally.|
|Christians in Healthcare -- An organization to help Christians working in healthcare, regardless of their profession or status, to be more effective in their day-to-day witness at work. It encourages fellowship meetings in hospitals in which all Christians can take part.|
|Christian Veterinary Mission - Christian Veterinary Missionís web site provides a place for veterinarians and veterinary students to stay updated on what is going on in the veterinary community, worldwide. CVM provides missionary opportunities (short- and long-term) as well as programs at national conferences & conventions that speak to the everyday life of veterinary practice, joined with the Christian faith.|
|CVMF - CVMF is an organization at Michigan State University that is established from Christian Faculty and Students to meet and grow closer to God. We emphasize fellowship, personal growth and the evangelism to the rest of the college. This is a great way to learn how to be a better witness as a veterinarian.|