Mailbag Page 41
What is the Time Interval from Rapture-to-Tribulation?
|Zeteo asks: How soon after the Rapture will the
Zeteo's question is concerned with the Time Interval between two of the several significant events that will take
place in the future...
- #1 The Rapture: the moment in time when Lord Jesus will return
in the clouds, to take believers with Him to Heaven.
- #2 The Tribulation: a 7-year period when God will bring disasters
upon the earth, as He judges the world for sin.
next col ->
- Our discussions will be based upon the Bible-based premise that
the Rapture will take place prior to the Tribulation. [This
premise often is referred to as "Pre-Tribulationism" or "Pre-Trib."]
- Pre-Trib means that God's people will NOT be present on Planet
Earth during the Tribulation.
- To read our in-depth Bible study of the Pre-Trib Rapture, Click Here.
|Some Bible scholars suppose that the Tribulation will commence very
quickly after the Rapture -- in a matter of only a few hours or days.
The Bible does NOT specify how much time will elapse between the Rapture and the Tribulation.
Moreover, the Bible does not state that The Rapture is *The Trigger* that starts the Tribulation.
Instead, the Bible indicates that the Trigger for the Tribulation will be the signing of a Peace Treaty between
Antichrist [a future world leader] and Israel.
||Then he [antichrist] shall confirm a covenant [treaty] with many [Israel's
government] for one week [7 years]. In the middle of the
week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering [desecrate
the re-built Temple of God in Jerusalem]. On the wing of abominations
shall be one who makes desolate, even until the consummation [Tribulation], which is determined, is poured out on the desolate." Dan 9.27
...the decree is issued, ...the day passes like chaff, ...the LORD'S fierce anger comes upon you Zeph 2.2a
covenant with death [antichrist] will be annulled. Your agreement with Sheol [antichrist] will not stand. When
the overflowing scourge [Tribulation] passes through, then you will be trampled down by it. Isa 28.18
As noted above, the Bible doesn't tell us the time interval from the Rapture to the Tribulation...
- Ergo, everything you read on this page from here on down is Biblebell's
- Don't be confused by the fact that Biblebell's opinion has Bible
- These particular Bible verses can be interpreted several ways.
Biblebell's interpretation is just that -- an INTERPRETATION.
Biblical Foreshadows -- a definition
If someone is walking toward you with the sun behind their back, then their shadow will reach you before that person
- That shadow shows you that someone is coming. It also gives you
a pretty good idea as to the size and gender of that person.
- The shadow ahead of that person is called a FORESHADOW.
The Bible often uses people or events as FORESHADOWS, to tell you
that "some person or event is coming."
- For example, Exodus 17.6 tells you that Moses struck a rock to
bring forth life-saving water for Israel in the wilderness.
- The rock was a foreshadow of Jesus, your Savior. The striking
of that rock foreshadowed His crucifixion, many centuries later, in atonement for your sins and mine.
- In other words, a Biblical FORESHADOW is a foggy kind of prophecy.
- Some folks use another name to refer to foreshadows. The name
they use is TYPES. A Bible "type" is basically just another name for a foreshadow.
||[God told Moses...]
Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock in Horeb; and you shall strike the rock, and water will come
out of it, that the people may drink." And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. Ex 17.6
Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through
the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank
the same spiritual drink.
For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that
Rock was Christ. 1
A Foreshadow of the Rapture
Genesis 5.24 and Hebrews 11.5 tell you that God took Enoch ALIVE out of the world.
- Enoch was "translated" [taken up] from the earth.
- "Translated" is a Bible synonym for "Raptured."
||Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him. Gen 5.24
By faith Enoch was translated [raptured] that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated
him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. Heb 11.5
- In Biblebell's OPINION, God's translation of Enoch was a foreshadow
of God's soon-coming Rapture of His people.
||Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up [raptured] together
with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thes 4.17
A Foreshadow of the Tribulation
Genesis chapters 6 and 7 record the flood in Noah's day.
- As stated in the verses alongside, God sent that flood in judgment
for the sins of the world.
- In Biblebell's OPINION, the worldwide flood that God sent in Noah's
day was a foreshadow of the worldwide Tribulation that God will send in future days.
||Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that He had
made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the LORD said, "I will destroy man whom I have
created from the face of the earth... Gen
- It is Biblebell's studied OPINION that Enoch's rapture and Noah's
flood are foreshadows of the Rapture and Tribulation, respectively.
- IF Biblebell
is correct in this opinion, then the time interval from Enoch's rapture UNTIL Noah's flood may foreshadow the time
interval between the Rapture and the Tribulation.
Calculating the Interval
- Enoch was raptured 300 years after he begot Methuselah.
- Methuselah was 187 when he begot Lamech, Noah's father. Ergo,
Lamech was 113 (300 - 187) when Enoch was raptured.
- At age 182, Lamech begot Noah. Ergo, Noah was born 69 years after
the rapture of Enoch (182 - 113).
- Noah was 600 when the flood came. Ergo, the flood came ~531 years
after Enoch was raptured (600 - 69).
- Bottom line: ~531 years was the time interval
between foreshadows of the Rapture and the Tribulation.
||After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years... and he
was not, for God took him. Gen 5.22a &
Methuselah lived 187 years, and begot Lamech. Gen
Lamech lived 182 years,
and had a son. And he called his name Noah Gen
In the 600th year
of Noah's life... all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Gen 7.11a & 7.11c
In Biblebell's OPINION, the above described events are a strong foreshadowing that the future, soon-coming Rapture,
and the subsequent worldwide Tribulation, will be separated by hundreds of years.
- Biblebell feels this opinion is fully consistent with Bible prophecies
foretelling several events that MUST must take place BEFORE the Tribulation.
next col. ->
- Examples are: rebuilding of the Jerusalem temple, rise of the
Antichrist, development of a one-world government, development of a one-world religion, & consolidation of
the world's economy into the Middle-East..
- These events will take time. Biblebell ESTIMATES they will occur
over a period of more than 500 years AFTER Lord Jesus takes His people to Heaven.
But then again... ????