And God created... Music!
|When you get to heaven, there will be MUSIC and singing there!
||Now when He (Jesus) had taken the scroll, the four living creatures (angelic
beings) and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb (Jesus), each having a harp, and golden bowls full
of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And
they sang a new song... (Rev 5.8-9a)
|God commands His people to sing.
God wants us to sing songs to Him.
God wants us to sing songs to each other -- songs that will teach each other and encourage each other.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom
- teaching and admonishing (encouraging) one another in psalms and
hymns and spiritual songs
- singing with grace
in your hearts to the Lord. (Col 3.16)
God invented music. The music He invented
is very mysterious
Music is simply vibrations.
To make music, we simply... vibrate the air.
- We vibrate the air by such means as plucking a string, or blowing
across a reed.
- We sing by expelling the breath from our lungs to vibrate two bits
of flesh (vocal chords) that vibrate the air around us.
- Vibrations in the air generate sympathetic movements in the bits
of flesh and bone inside our ears. These bits of flesh and bone send "messages" to auditory nerves in
our bodies. The auditory nerves send electrical impulses to our brains and we perceive this as SOUND! Verrry mysterious!
- Fast air vibrations produce high notes. Slow vibrations produce low
notes. When two different notes are sounded at the same time they can produce either harmony or confusion (dissonance).
- Air that is vibrated with order and pattern produces music. Air that
is vibrated with disorder and lack of pattern produces noise. And God ordained it to be so, for God is not the author of confusion but of
harmony and peace.
God's Book of Music
"Psalm" translates the Hebrew word mizmowr -- number 4210 in Strong's Exhaustive
literally means MUSIC and comes from Strong's 2167, zamar -- "to touch the strings of a musical instrument... to make music accompanied
by the voice."
The Bible book of Psalms is a BOOK OF MUSIC.
The music of Psalms is chock full of prophecies of the coming of Jesus Christ to planet earth.
The book of Psalms is music and prophecy. Ergo, prophecy is music! God's Music! Music to rejoice by when your heart
is glad. Music to be comforted by when your heart is sad.
The amazing harmony of Trinity
which musical notes will harmonize with each other.
- For example, the chord of C major consists of the notes C-E-G.
- The notes C-E-G are in
harmony with each other. Here's the proof...
- On a piano, hold down the E and G keys and step on the piano's right
pedal. Then strike the C key and listen. You will hear the E and G keys softly "sing" in harmony with
C. You never played E and G, but they sing along on their
- Now try holding down another key (the D key, for example) and strike
C. The D note will NOT sing with C.
To repeat, harmony is ordained by God. Moreover, the base of harmony is a triad
- a threesome of notes that are in perfect unity with one another.
Himself is a triad -- a threesome of persons that are in perfect
unity with one another.
C-E-G are three notes that -- in unity -- are C major. Three distinct notes! One chord!
Father-Son-Spirit are three persons who -- in unity -- are the ONE God. Three distinct persons! One God!
Think about it...