Introduction -- READ ME!
Please don't get impatient. The Bible study IS down
below. To skip straight to it,
CLICK HERE. However, you really ought to read the Introduction before doing so.
What is an Interweave?
The best way to define an Interweave is to list the steps used in
Step - Select a Bible topic. In this case, the topic selected is
The Second Coming of Jesus
- Second Step
- Select verses that relate to the Topic, from throughout the entire Bible.
- Third Step
- Interweave the selected verses into a "logical sequence."
What is the Goal of an Interweave?
The goal of an Interweave is to arrange and present related verses
from several separate Bible passages so as to provide a cohesive discourse on the Selected Topic.
The concept underlying this goal is that the best interpreter of the Bible is... the Bible itself.
Why was this particular Topic selected?
A visitor to Bible Bell asked us to explain the meaning of the following
(Jesus said...) "For wherever the carcass is,
there the eagles will be gathered together." Mt 24.28
The above verse quotes words that Lord Jesus spoke to His disciples, in the context of teaching them about His
Second Coming and the end of the age.
If you read several different commentaries on Matthew chapter 24, you are likely to get several different interpretations
of the quoted verse.
Accordingly, Bible Bell decided to make an Interweave about the Second
Coming, so that the Bible itself will help you to better understand what Jesus meant.
What is "The Second Coming of Jesus?"
- The First Coming of Jesus was when He came to earth BODILY, by being
born of a virgin named Mary. (Matthew chapter 1)
- After Jesus was crucified and resurrected, He ascended BODILY to
Heaven. (Acts chapter 1) That is, Jesus is no longer present on the earth in bodily form.
- As Jesus ascended, the promise was given to us that, at an unspecified
future date, Jesus would return BODILY to the earth.
- The future BODILY return of Jesus to the earth is referred to as
"The Second Coming."(Acts chapter 1)
The future return of Jesus in the clouds to receive (rapture) His church is NOT The Second Coming. (1
Thes 4.13-18) The Second Coming refers to the Lord's return when He will again SET FOOT upon Planet earth.
There are MANY Bible passages that relate to the Second Coming of
Jesus. In order to keep this Interweave at a reasonable length, Bible Bell selected what it considers to be "key
verses" about The Second Coming of Jesus.
Be on notice...
- The selection of verses is based on our OPINION
- The sequencing of verses is also based on our OPINION
What You Should Do BEFORE Reading this
The Interweave's usage of selected verses removes them from their
Accordingly, before reading the Interweave, you should first read,
in your own Bible, ALL of the Bible chapters listed below (these are the chapters from which we selected specific
verses for this Interweave)...
- Zechariah chapter 14, Matthew chapter 24, Luke chapter
17, Revelation chapters 6, 19 & 20
INTERWEAVE - THE
SECOND COMING of JESUS
NOTE: All Bible quotations in this study are taken
from the NKJV
The World Scene Just Prior to the Tribulation
(Jesus said...) 26. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days
of the Son of Man:
27. "They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered
the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
28. "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted,
29. "but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them
30. "Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed."
The "Trigger" of the Great
said...) 15. "Therefore when you see the
`abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place'' (whoever reads, let
The Lord's Warning to Flee from Judea
said...) 16. "then let those who are in
Judea flee to the mountains.
17. "Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house.
18. "And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
19. "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those with nursing babies in those days!
20. "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
31. "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take
them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.
32. "Remember Lot's wife.
33. "Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it."
The Tribulation Begins
12. I (the
apostle John) looked when He (the Lord Jesus)
opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair,
and the moon became like blood.
13. And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty
14. Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.
15. And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every
free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains,
16. and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne
and from the wrath of the Lamb!
17. "For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?''
said...) 21. "For then there will be great
tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."
[Events of the Great Tribulation take
place at this point. They are not described herein.]
Closing Days of the Great Tribulation
Antichrist's Armies Are Assembled Against Israel
said...) 2a. "For I will gather all the nations
to battle against Jerusalem; the city shall be taken, the houses rifled, and the women ravished."
(Jesus said...) 34. "I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken
and the other will be left.
35. "Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left.
36. "Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left.''
said...) 2b. "...Half of the city shall go
into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city."
| Rev 19
Lord Jesus Prepares to Return to Earth
11. Then I (the apostle John) saw
heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He (Lord
Jesus) who sat on him was called Faithful and
True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
12. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew
13. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
14. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.
The Second Coming of Lord Jesus to
6. It shall come to pass in that day that there will
be no light; the lights will diminish.
7. It shall be one day which is known to the Lord neither day nor night. But at evening time it shall happen that
it will be light.
said...) 27. "For as the lightning comes
from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
24. "For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under
heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day."
Lord Jesus Arrives to Battle the Forces
said...) 3. Then the Lord (Jesus) will
go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle.
4. And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount
of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley; half of the mountain shall move
toward the north and half of it toward the south.
God's Warning to Flee from the Locale
of The Battle
said...) 5. Then you shall flee through My mountain
valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the
days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the Lord my God (Jesus) will come, and all the saints with You.
The Battle of Armageddon (Har Megiddo)
19. And I (the apostle John) saw
the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him (Lord Jesus)
who sat on the horse and against His army.
The Victory of Lord Jesus
20. Then the beast (the antichrist) was captured,
and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark
of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21a. And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him (Lord Jesus) who sat on
1. Then I (the apostle John) saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless
pit and a great chain in his hand.
2. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
3. and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the
nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little
Cleansing the Dead from the Earth
17. Then I (the apostle John) saw
an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of
heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God,
18. "that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses
and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.''
21b. ...And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
28. "For wherever the carcass is, there the
eagles (vultures) will be gathered together."
[Above is the verse the visitor asked
about. Do you understand it better now?]
The Rule of Jesus on Planet Earth Commences
8. And in that day it shall be that living waters shall
flow from Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and half of them toward the western sea; in both summer
and winter it shall occur.
9. And the Lord shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be "the Lord is one,'' and His name
Home | Index | Contact